During the weekend, I was having some conversation with my colleagues via WhatsApp group, about an upcoming important project. One of the colleagues wanted to explain the key points and she shares a file. When I tried to open that file, due to the lake of support for that file, it won’t open in my cell phone. So, then the very first question in my mind raised “How I can use WhatsApp on my laptop”?
When the file didn’t open in mobile that moment was very embarrassing for me and, you would feel me If you put yourself in my shoe. It develops my idea of utilizing WhatsApp on my Laptop, so I can without any trouble open gathering links, shared documents, pictures, recordings, videos etc. and don’t keep running into an issue.
On that day I installed this application immediately and I felt that this is a common issue to everyone so shares this method with you “How I installed WhatsApp on my laptop.
So, if you want to work on Laptop and use WhatsApp on your laptop to avoid phone usage? Then here in this amazing article, I will tell you about “How I Can Use WhatsApp On My Laptop”?
Wait! Here you must be thinking that this tremendous app is only for the Smartphone users, so what’s the point of discussing it here. Well, there is good news for you. You can use WhatsApp messenger application in a PC or a laptop. It’s valuable when your Smartphone is having some issues, and you are unable to use it so this will be an alternate in your PC or laptop for it.
So in this article, we are going to give you step by step instructions of how to use WhatsApp on your laptop.
Brief History of WhatsApp for laptop
WhatsApp got more than 1.6 billion active users worldwide Being one of the great messaging applications throughout the Smartphone world. Along with sending messages, it allows you to share videos, images, files, etc. like a regular SMS; you don’t need to worry about message delivery either. Updating you regularly, it delivers messages immediately, if your receiver has an active WiFi or data. Almost all OS stores have WhatsApp application.
the WhatsApp was officially released only for smartphones (BlackBerry OS, Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone etc) but not for laptops and PC. In 2015 the brains behind WhatsApp felt a need for using this app on PC or Laptop. Then a feature was released by WhatsApp, which can be used in browser name as “WhatsApp Web”. It was a tremendous success and followed by WhatsApp app, officially released for computers and laptops.
Most frequently asked these questions by readers like can we use WhatsApp on windows (win OS) or Mac (OSX)? then the answer is, Yes, on both operating systems we can use it i.e. Windows and Mac OS.
WhatsApp can use in 2 ways on a computer
- Using WhatsApp application directly in a browser
- Installing and downloading its application on your laptop.
On your browser go to Web.whatsapp.com. The QR code will appear on screen which needs to be scanned by your phone.
Now open WhatsApp on your phone, then tap “setting” icon and then tap on “WhatsApp web”.
Step 3: A scanner will open on your phone when you click on “WhatsApp web”. Scan the QR code on browser page of “Step 1”. Scan the code by placing your phone camera before the QR code on the browser page.
WhatsApp will automatically open in your Laptop’s Web browser (Chrome Page etc) When you scan the code.
Now enjoy your WhatsApp in your Tablet/laptop/Pc.
And finally, do not forget to log out once you are done.
Requirements to use Whatsapp on our PC/Laptop/Tablet without installing
In order to use WhatsApp on PCs and laptops the following requirements are to consider:
- Web browser (Chrome, Opera, Baidu, Firefox, Safari or Edge browser)
- Your WhatsApp account should be active
- Keep up-to-date your WhatsApp app on mobile.
- For syncing purpose, you must have a good internet connection for both your phone and laptop/computer (also Mobile must be connected to the internet While using WhatsApp on your system).
After the completion of the above necessities, you should be able to use WhatsApp on your laptop/PC/tablet.
Go to this link: https://www.whatsapp.com/download/
you will see something like the image below Click on the download!
On this page are very straightforward Advice. i.e. For your respective OS (Mac OSX or window 32-bit/64-bit), You can download .exe file. It may take a while to download.
Once downloaded, just open it and
- Take your mobile,
- open WhatsApp on your Smartphone,
- click on setting icon,
- Tap on WhatsApp web,
- scan the QR code by pointing the mobile camera towards QR code on a laptop
- Now you can use WhatsApp on your laptop/ PC.
How to Use WhatsApp On Window 7 or Window XP?
Installing WhatsApp your operating system must be Windows 8.1 or newer. It can’t fit on Windows 7 or XP.
How WhatsApp installation on windows 8.1 or newer version
By following 3 simple steps, you can install WhatsApp on Windows 8.1 or later release
- By visiting WhatsApp official website (whatsapp.com) and then click download page and you will get the .exe file.
- When the file saved in the download section, open the file WhatsApp.exe for completing the download process.
- Launch and match the QR code and start using it.
How WhatsApp installation on MACOSX 10.9 or newer version
- By visiting the WhatsApp official website (whatsapp.com) and then click the download page, you will get the .zip file.
- After download, open the zip file for installing and using WhatsApp.
- After installation, it asks you either you want to save it in desktop dock or application folder.
- Launch and match the QR code and start using it.
if you are running Windows 8 and higher (32/64-bit version) or Mac OS X 10.9 and higher then you do not need to install it. You will see older articles stating to it because it was needed for systems to virtualize android operating system back then.
For those, who are still running older versions of the operating system, following below steps:
- Installing the Blue Stack App player; First of all, you need to install the “Blue Stack App player.”
- Installing Thin Blue Stack App player; Now download the version Thin Blue Stack APP player, but you have to make sure that at least 2 GB of free space is available for installing in your PC or Laptop, otherwise, it will give an error.
- Downloading WhatsApp on PC; open all messaging applications and select WhatsApp and download it. After this, you can start using it.
- Download WhatsApp and configure it on PC; for opening the WhatsApp messenger, click the WhatsApp icon and agree to their terms and conditions. By verifying your mobile number by using SMS and Call option, get started by using WhatsApp on your PC or laptop.
Why we use WhatsApp on PC/Laptop
As smartphones are untrustworthy and can be easily damaged anytime by falling or breaking, it’s better to download WhatsApp on your PC and have it on an ultra-full monitor screen. For staying connected with your best friends and loved ones and for avoiding the disturbance by constant ring of a phone, using WhatsApp in PC/Laptop is an easy way out.
Go for the web version of WhatsApp if you are running short memory but if you want to have it as a system application then go for the installed version. But personally, I prefer to use the web version of WhatsApp.
I would like to know your thoughts on this. I hope, I have made everything clear to you “how to use WhatsApp on a laptop” and now by using WhatsApp on your computer, you can stay connected with family and friends.