OBS stands for Open Broadcaster Software, and it is a free and open-source software for live streaming and video calling on any platform. It can also be used to capture and record the screen while you are connected to the audio. You can access the OBS by downloading it from the www.obsproject.com. If you are a YouTuber or an upcoming YouTuber and want to interact with the audience or share anything valuable with the world directly and live, OBS comes in as a convenient option that allows you to do so.
Learn how to ace your game by following these steps:
Get the Live Streaming Key
- Your first step should be to create your YouTube account in case you don’t have one already.
- Make sure your account is verified with either a linked phone number or the e-mail ID you submitted. If you’re not verified, go to mail and check the auto-generated verification mail that has been sent to you and then follow the steps that have been instructed.
- If you are a verified account holder on YouTube, go to the YouTube Studio page and click on the ‘CREATE’ icon located on the upper righthand corner of your screen, and it will look like a red-camera. Click on the ‘GO LIVE’ option.
- On the toolbar, click on the ‘STREAM’ option, which will open up a page that will include a form and will ask you to input the stream’s name, set privacy settings, description, and the category of your stream. You can also set the age limit on that form. To continue, hit the ‘CREATE STREAM’ option on your screen.
- Now your stream is created, and you’ll be shown a control panel that gives you a preview of the tabs.
- You’ll see that the ‘Stream Settings’ tab is open, and beneath it, locate the label and copy the stream key and copy the 16-character key string. You’ll require this key for the OBS.
LINK OBS to Live Stream
- Run the OBS as admin and go to ‘SETTINGS’ located on the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the ‘VIDEO AND OUTPUT’ tab to select your preferred frame rates and resolution as it enables you to control the voice quality while streaming live.
- On the left hand, click on the ‘Stream’ tab and select YouTube or YouTube Gaming.
- Now you can paste the YouTube Stream key in the ‘STREAM KEY’ field. This will link OBS to your YouTube, and the software will stream directly to your channel.
- Click on the ‘Audio’ option to connect audio to the Livestream on the left side of the screen. For gamers who want to connect viewers to the desktop audio or in-game, they can do that by setting the system’s audio output with the device. Click on the ‘Desktop Audio Device’ to connect. If you want the viewers to be able to hear your voice, click on the Mix/Auxiliary Audio Device, and select your microphone.
- Click ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ and then you can exit the settings.
- Click the ‘+’ icon below sources in the main window. In case you wish to stream game footage, then click the ‘GAME CAPTURE’ option. Click ‘OK’ to complete.
Now that the settings are made, and configuration is done on your YouTube channel, you can start streaming. Click on the ‘START STREAMING’ button given on the bottom right corner of your screen.
Click in the red icon ‘GO LIVE’ on the upper left corner of your YouTube streams dashboards. Video and audio will start to appear on the preview pane.
Enjoy your live streaming!
Source :- https://myblog-search.uk.com/master-the-trick-to-live-stream-on-youtube-with-obs/