Are you moving to Columbus with family and you have young kids? If the answer is yes, then you have more work to do and more responsibilities. Choosing the neighborhood with good schools around, low-crime rate, plenty of family-friendly amenities, and of course it should be affordable too. Columbus is a big city with plenty of neighborhoods, there are great chances you will find one that fits you.
Where to live in Columbus? The best places for young families
This is the list of some of the places where you can raise your kids in Columbus. While decluttering your home and packing, explore suburbs and choose the best. All of these places have good schools, low crime rate, they are diverse and affordable.
- Powell–with moving to Columbus and choosing Powell, you can’t make a mistake. It is a very safe place with a lot of parks.
- Dublin–it is near the airport, so if you need to travel for work a lot, you won’t waste time driving there. Besides this suburb is good for young families, but also it has amazing nightlife for parents too.
- Bexley–a small suburb with friendly people and amazing schools around. There are always new restaurants and when it comes to housing you can choose between smaller apartments of big mansions.
- Grandview Heights–one of the best places to live here, in Columbus. It is good for families, young professionals, and retires too.
- New Albany–if you want a peaceful place to live and to raise your family, New Albany is the one. The downtown is not that close, almost every house is a house with kids, and people are friendly.
- Hilliard – settling down your roots in Hillard, OH and raising kids there may be a great option because it has affordable housing and highly-rated public schools. It’s not a small suburb, and the Columbus center is only 30 minutes away.
Hire a company for moving to Columbus
After choosing the place to live in Columbus, hire a moving company to help you out with packing and transporting. Zippy Shell Columbus is one of the companies in OH that may help you. You can spend your time with family, while professionals are taking care of moving.
Have a family time after moving
When the moving is finished, spend time with your family and kids. Moving is so stressful, packing, choosing a relocation company, searching for a new home, school, it takes a lot of energy. Luckily, Columbus has a lot of places for kids. Take a short drive, relax, and explore Columbus.
- Center of Science and Industry
- Zoo and Aquarium
- Metropolitan Library and Topiary Park
- Columbus Commons
- Museum of Art
- Franklin Park Conservatory
- Easton Town Center
As you can see moving to Columbus with kids is exciting and it offers a lot of opportunities and family-friendly places. Plan your relocation to Ohio in advance and include the kids in the process too.