The 13-card variant of Rummy is one of the most played in India. The game is played on either 2-player table or 6-player table. The main motive of the game is to deal with the cards that are dealt to each player, thus melding them in the right sequence and sets. That is, each player will get his/her turn to pick and discard his/her cards until they are melded in a proper sequence and/ or sets. However, that’s only possible if you adhere to rummy rules, as that only can help you make winning moves in the game.
Are you a regular rummy player? Do you adhere with rummy rules while playing rummy? If not, check out some basic rummy rules and tips to keep your game up. Here is it!
Rummy Rules to Follow
- Rummy Cards – If you choose a 2-player table, then a single deck of card is used for the gameplay. In other words, the total number of players decides what number of a deck of cards will be used.
- Number of Players – As said before, rummy is played amongst 2 to 6 players. The cards are distributed amid each player in the clockwise direction and the remaining ones are placed in the closed deck.
- Dealing with Cards – In the 13-card rummy game, cards are distributed amid all players seated on the table. First of all, toss is done and accordingly, it is decided who will make the first attempt.
The Objective of the Game
The game of 13-cards is played with 2-pack of cards having 2 printed Jokers and other cards ranking from – Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, and King. The Ace card can be used both as 1 or a Face Card. The basic objective of the rummy game is to meld the cards in the right form by creating correct sequences and sets. The one who has to play his/her turn will pick a card from an open/ closed deck and then discard it to the open deck. Once again, the one who forms the correct sequence and sets, becomes the winner. Cards (J, Q, K, and A) are Face Cards holding 10 Points.
Now that, you are aware of the basic objective of the gameplay, why not have a look at some tips and rules that you need to abide by while playing rummy:
- Positioning your cards at the start of the game is quite important. If your cards are sorted, it will become easy for you to create the right sequence/sets, and there will be no scope of wrong declaration.
- Keep a keen eye on your opponents’ card, i.e., what sequence and/ or sets they are trying to form so that you can restrict the needed card/s from your pile of cards.
- Try to bluff your rival player by showing them that you have better cards in hand. For this, again you have to be alert of which cards your opponent is picking up and discarding.
- Utilize the Joker Card well. Yes, this card works as a helping hand and assist you in completing a sequence that you are unable to form.
- Try to focus on forming pure sequence at the start. This will help you also reduce your points and will lessen the risk of losing with a huge point difference.
To Sum Up
This was all about Rummy Rules that you need to learn to play rummy and become an expert. To make sure you become acquainted with the game, play free rummy games daily and then jump onto cash tables. If you are on a look for some reliable rummy website, then Rummy Passion is surely the right platform to play rummy. Acquainted with best features, the website has everything to offer. So, get yourself registered on the website and witness the never-ending fun of online rummy at India’s most loved rummy website.